Tuesday, October 07, 2008

slow down... and stop for a while...

Impatience is often why we hurry. It’s simply a lack of trust. When you’re impatient you’re saying, “God, I don’t really trust you. I don’t think you have my best interest at heart. You don’t know when I need it, and I’m in a hurry.” Is fast always better? No. It is not. Not always.

God has a plan for your life. You know that. But he also has a timetable for your life. Unfortunately, God never explains his timetable. And that can be frustrating! I couldn’t understand God’s timing. But God knew exactly what he was doing.

It’s painful when you’re in a hurry and God’s not. But it’s part of maturing, part of growing up. Children have to learn the difference between “no” and “not yet.” God knows the right time and the right way. He has a plan and a timetable.

The key is to TRUST GOD'S TIMING!

(Source: "How to slow your life down" by Rick Warren, http://legacy.pastors.com/RWMT/default.asp?id=362&artid=11425&expand=1)

No comments: