Sunday, March 29, 2009

the paintbrush

I keep my paintbrush with me
Wherever I may go,
In case I need to cover up
So the real me doesn't show.

I'm so afraid to show you,
Afraid of what you'll do - that
You might laugh or say mean things.
I'm afraid I might lose you.

I'd like to remove all my paint coats
To show you the real, true me,
But I want you to try and understand,
I need you to accept what you see.

So if you'll be patient and close you eyes,
I'll strip off all my coats real slow.
Please understand how much it hurts
To let the real me show.

Now my coats are stripped off.
I feel naked, bare and cold.
And if you still love me with all that you see,
You are my friend, pure as gold.

I need to save my paintbrush, though,
And hold it in my hand,
I want to keep it handy
In case someone don't understand.

So please protect me, my dear friend
And thanks for loving me true,
But please let me keep my paintbrush with me
Until I love me, too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I got this poems from a book called "A shot of inspiration" by Rob Buckingham.
The 1st time I read it, it really touched me... I can truly understand how the writer felt, coz I feel the same way too...

Sometimes it can be scary to let the real you show... but when there's someone love you enough, and you can trust that person enough to show who you really are... and yet that person would still love you no matter what they saw... I think, the heart pounding step of stripping our masks would be worth to go through...

But the question is, how would you know if they don't change their minds after seeing the real us? The real me...



PS: For those people who love me unconditionally, you are gifts that I don't deserve, but I'd cherish in my life... Thanks for being there for me when things getting though and when I need friends to share my laughter with... ;) you know who you are... all of u... Thank you...

No comments: