Tuesday, September 16, 2008

accept first, then you'll enjoy it

Hoaeemm.... *yawn*
Kindda sleepy already... but since I've planned to write a posting today, I decided to type it before I go to bed...

Last Saturday, my church friends and I went to a nursing home not too far from our church.
It's in Kew area... about 10mins drive from our church...

To make the story short, that day, we performed some dances, played angklung (Indonesian traditional instrument), and sang few songs...
I really enjoyed it... and I guess the residents enjoyed it too...

This nursing home is a bit different from the one that I've been to in Adelaide...
It's not just a retirement home, but also kind of a hospital as well...
Coz most of the residents are really sick or really old that they can't walk or talk properly or take care of themselves anymore...

One thing that I learn from one of the old man there...
I was chatting with him... and I asked whether he like to stay in that place...
and he gave a good answer... he said, "I guess, we just need to learn to like wherever we are"...
And it really gets into me...

Today, when I was working, and I started to hate my work place (with some unsupportive co-workers and some pressure lately)... the words that the old man told me that day kept on repeating in my head... Yea... that's true!
I can't blame my work place of being unsupportive... I should be the one to make it...
If I don't like it... then make sumfin so I will like it...
I must be able to show passion for my work.... and hopefully, that passion will light up on others as well... :)

I just thought, God has given me this job, not for nothing...
There must be sumfin He wants me to accomplish at my work place...
not just to earn money and complete my tasks....
but most of all.... to passionately showing love to others...
and everytime I remember that main reason,
I gain the strength that I need to take another step forward
and keep on going...

No comments: